About Arbutus West Agency Limited
Who are we
Kenley Tamoto started AWAL in 1992 as a Manufacturer’s Representative firm focused on the industrial electric market. AWAL’s focus initially was on transformer applications which mainly involved sub-stations and the straight transformation of voltage. Today AWAL offers a family of products that also addresses voltage quality and emergency back up power systems that offers clean power during outages.
Computer and automation loads in buildings today have placed a challenge on old technology style transformers. The application and loads have changed therefore new approaches to the application of transformers had to be addressed. This fact accompanied with the constant pressure of reducing costs through electrical consumption has brought AWAL into marketing engineered high efficiency and harmonic mitigation transformer systems. These systems are designed to offer a clean electrical environment so systems involving computers and automation loads can operate properly. They also offer tremendous operating cost savings over a standard transformer application. This philosophy of offering energy saving products and systems is reflected in our entire product offering.
Today AWAL offers three families of products. Each addresses a different market but uses the same formula to promote each family of products. We hope that we can offer the right product or combination of products to help your application. Please feel free to view the rest of our webpage at your leisure and contact us if we can furnish you with any information.
What we offer
- Transformers and transformer systems
- Voltage regulation
- UPS back-up power systems
- Components for OEM applications including enclosures, fittings and vibration resistant fastening systems
- Conduit and cable systems for high current carrying circuits.
- Gas and electric fireplaces c/w mantels
- Energy saving radiant heating systems
- Low voltage pot lighting systems
- Exhaust fans for residential applications
- A complete line of ATV and motorcycle ramps, carriers and accessories.